Algonkian Novel Writing and MS Revision Courses
Pre-MFA, Post-MFA, or No MFA - Get Your Novel on a Realistic Path to Publication
||In Cooperation and Partnership With |
Algonkian Writer Conferences and the New York Pitch
bet casinoProgram FAQ
bet casinoAlgonkian Course Syllabus
bet casinoContracts and Comments
bet casinoContact Us
Develop, Write, or Rewrite Your Breakout Novel
Step-by-Step Courses Followed by Editorial Consults and Agent Query Process
These novel writing courses were brainstormed by the faculty of Algonkian Writer Conferences and later tested by NYC publishing professionals for practical and time-sensitive utilization by genre writers (SF/F, YA, Mystery, Thriller, Historical, etc.) as well as upmarket literary writers. Therefore, if you wish to begin or successfully restart your novel, or write it with bet casinoeditorial guidance at your own pace, you've found the right program.
The goal is to get you as close to the brass ring as possible, to make your novel as commercially competitive as it needs to be on all levels while avoiding critical missteps, bad advice, and exorbitant prices. And it does not matter what stage your novel is currently in, or where you are in your writing life. The program steps and methodology, as well as the faculty, enable you to learn and grow as a writer together with your novel, and at your own pace. Your work is thoroughly reviewed by our professionals and together you set publication goals, engage in manuscript and project edits as needed and appropriate, and later assist you with the agent discovery/pitch process, and writing of the query letter.
Writer conferences, author workshops, books, ms editors, and even bet casinothe most pointless of MFA programs play a part in a writer's evolution, but none of these provide the overall pragmatic means and method to finish the job (and quite often, not even to start it).
- From "bet casinoFrequently Asked Questions"
Algonkian Novel Writing Program Course Outline
Step 1 - Premise, Plot, Character, Scene Sets, All Things Structural (author methodically writes/rewrites novel top to bottom or as necessary - bet casinosyllabus).
Step 2 - Prose Narrative and Style Enhancement (author methodically improves style, voice, and prose narrative - syllabus).
Step 3 - 25 Point Coverage Audit, First 100 Pages, Sell Sheet Outline of Entire Novel.
Step 4 - Market-position Analysis, Editorial Consults as Necessary by Phone With Faculty Mentor, Query/Pitch Process and Letter Creation - Editor/Agent Hunt.
Keep in mind, at the conclusion of Step 4 of the program, and depending of course on necessary manuscript edits, we either help you find and pitch a professional agent or consider your work for representation by one of our own bet casinoliterary agencies. Additionally, at the end of this program you will have:
- A thorough, editor-approved outline of all your novel's plot points, reversals, and complications.
- Your first 100 pages of your novel in competitively polished shape.
- An editor-supervised application of our advanced craft technique (see syllabus), resulting in a personalized and competitive narrative style.
- Access to an indefinite number of private phone consultations from program faculty member regarding your story premise, prose narrative, and all major novel elements for purposes of determining your competitive status vs. other writers in your genre, and for making further edits and improvements as necessary prior to the representation or query stage. NOTE: all review is by professionals exclusively.
- A realistic publication plan going forward based on your manuscript's current stage of development, as well as your skill set.